The Prerequisites installation of ConfigMgr consider to one of the most hassle prerequisites installation you’ll ever met, because it include many factors and steps.
The ConfigMgr 2012 R2 Prerequisites Installation Tool by Nickolaj Andersen simplifies the process of installing ConfigMgr Prerequisites. The Tool is GUI (Powershell based) that allows you to:
- Extend Active Directory Schema for ConfigMgr.
- Create the System Management container and give the SCCM computer group the appropriate permissions over it.
- Install WSUS.
- Install Windows ADK (needs to be pre downloaded).
- Install the Windows Server Roles and Features required based on the SCCM Server Role (CAS, Primary Site, Secondary Site, Management point, Distribution point, Application Catalog, Enrollment Point).
- In addition, the tool can download the ConfigMgr prerequisites files that are required by the installation.
Note: If the server doesn’t have internet access, you’ll need to manually download the ConfigMgr prerequisites files using the following command: \SMSSETUP\BIN\X64\setupdl.exe <downloadpath>
The tool is available at: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/ConfigMgr-2012-R2-e52919cd/view/Discussions